Is your child suffering from any substandard seizures or coordination? If yes, your kid would be suffering from brain tumour. The brain is a vital part found in a body of human being. It carries out a number of important functions within the human body. So, any brain disease or disorder has to be dealt on an immediate effect. One of the dreaded risks to human body especially for the kids is the brain tumour. So, what are the symptoms of brain tumour, you need to check the following paragraphs. A news of brain tumour in kids is a shocking news. It can really affect your kids and if not treated on right time, it can even end up giving death the victims of the same. However, you can detect brain tumour in your kids with certain symptoms and signs.
Brain Tumor in Children
Learning about brain tumour among kids can be just bad as one can ever imagine especially if your kid happens to be its victim. Paediatric brain tumours can be called as the abnormal growth, which grows up in the brain or over the structures and tissues, which are close to it. There are number of types of brain tumours among kids, which can be both cancerous and noncancerous. The real cause of brain tumour is simply unknown. But the brain tumour among kids can simply occur owing to genetic & environmental factors.
Some diseases can lead to brain tumor
There are number of diseases that can bring in the issue of brain tumours, however, the following three are the common ones:
- Neurofibromatosis: This can be a genetic disorder, which hampers the growth of cell in the nervous system.
- Von Hippel: Lindau disease, it can be called as an inherited issue, which can causes a number of tumours (both cancerous and noncancerous) types found in the central nervous system.
- Li-Fraumeni syndrome: It is a rare inherited genetic disorder that simply increases one’s risk of developing the menace of cancer during their lifetime.
What are the signs of brain tumor in children?
When your kid is known to have brain tumour, he or she would experience the following symptoms as discussed under:
- Impaired speech
- Impaired vision
- Behavioural changes
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Sudden vomiting
- Poor coordination
- Tingling sensation in arms or legs
- Difficulty in balancing
- Weakness in limb or seen in one side of the body
- Increases the head size among infants
These are some of signs of tumours found among kids, however, your child may even find other signs as well, which include fatigue, fever, loss of sleep/too much of sleeping, nausea, loss of appetite, issues with vision, falling, frequent bruising and bleeding from nose to name a few.
Treatment of brain tumor
When it comes to brain tumour treatment for kids, there are several options and some of these are as under:
- Craniotomy: In this surgery the skull is cut and then the tumour is removed while it is exposed. This surgery often takes a couple of hours.
- Stereotactic Biopsy: This is both a diagnosis option for brain as well a method to get rid of the brain tumour from your kids.
- Shunts: This procedure helps in removing the pressure exerted inside the brain of your kid. The presence of pressure inside your brain can be fatal, which can be removed once and all with this procedure.
- Microsurgery: It is among a delicate kind of surgery, which can bring in issues like permanent impairments and even deaths.
- Mapping: This is part of a treatment, which helps in finding out the affected are inside the brain using different machines like MRI and tomography, etc.
Low cost brain tumor Treatment and Surgery in India
India is now being recognized as one of the key healthcare destinations particularly brain cancer surgery. A huge amount of global patients all across this planet are seen coming for the low cost brain tumour treatment and surgery in India. The country is sprawled with one of the best brain cancer hospitals, which has one of the best oncologists and health experts known for giving the best treatments for brain tumours in India. Lastly, talking about the cost, the difference comes out to be around 60 to 80 percent. For instance, craniotomy can cost in US around 60,000 USD, while in India it is around 9,000 dollars. Similarly micro surgery in US can cost around 72,000 USD while the same procedure can cost your kid around 12,000 USD. In other words, the low cost brain tumour treatment and surgery in India can easily attract medical tourists from any country.