Jamilah Overcoming a Crooked Spine with Help of India’s Best Scoliosis Surgeons

 

Jamilah Sultan has been leaping, jumping and flipping for as long as she can recollect. She started with gymnastics when she was 7 and was a natural from the start. While she entered junior high at her local faculty about 30 miles ay of Oman, a new love for acrobatics had emerged and which then shifted to cheerleading.



In June, when my family and I have been on vacation, my mom noticed that my left shoulder blade caught out a sizeable quantity and I couldn't rise up immediately. Whilst we got back my mother advised me to get up instantly. She looked at my back and noticed that something was not right, so she set up an appointment with our family doctor.

Jamilah’s journey from patient to philanthropist began when she was 12. During checkup, her doctor observed a curve in her spine. An x-ray showed she had scoliosis. Her backbone bent on the top in a single path and the bottom in other, creating an S-shaped curve. “The doctor said I had scoliosis and encouraged that I go to see some other health practitioner right away.” After consulting few more doctors in Oman, who asked to seek the surgery outside as lack of advanced technology available to treat her condition and secondly the cost of surgery usually goes very high and not payable by common man of Oman.

So Jamilah’s parents decided to go online to search for more suitable options and discovered flying to India was the best chance of a successful operation. As middle-class family could afford the expenses, “My mother and I looked for treatment options online. We were really desperate to find a proper surgeon who performs scoliosis surgery regularly and we were panicking because my back was not in a good condition at all. The thought of my back bending as each day passed sent chills down my spine. But fortunately we got it touch with India’s Best scoliosis surgeons and so immediate he contacted India’s best scoliosis surgeons as they found him one of the most experienced and renowned spine surgeons in India, who has pioneered numerous modern techniques in the discipline, and after contacting him they were sure he was a right choice for Jamilah’s affordable scoliosis surgery in India, as a patient from Oman all the  arrangements were made for their  visa, air ticket and even hotel arrangements by spine and neuro surgery hospital India.

I had an appointment with a doctor that specialized in scoliosis. After the physician tested my x-rays, he told me that I had a forty-degree curve on the top and a fifty-degree curve at the bottom and that I might need surgical treatment. Instead of having a bone taken from ribs to fuse my backbone, I chose to use cadaver bone. The surgical treatment would correct Jamilah’s scoliosis completely, which relieved both Jamilah and her parents. However in doing so, the process would make the upper portion of Jamilah’s back permanently rigid. Jamilah’s parents thought for sure that meant the end of her gymnastics and cheerleading career. But India’s Best Scoliosis surgeons vowed that after surgery would work to get Jamilah as close to her pre-surgery activity level as possible. Jamilah remembers feeling excited and hopeful. She timed the surgical procedure so that she might have sufficient time to recover and nonetheless make it to cheer camp.

 “I knew the surgery could assist make me better in the future,” she says. She was right. Less than six months after surgery, Jamilah was well enough for cheer camp. Now, one year after her surgery, Jamilah has led her cheerleading squad to back-to-back top 10 or finishes in district, local, country and national competitions. “India’s best scoliosis surgeons and his team were outstanding,” says her mom. “If it weren’t for them she could have been seriously deformed and could have had significant back issues.”

Popular posts from this blog

Masters Of Precision: India's Best Spine Surgeons At Your Service

Back Health Redefined: Top Spine Surgery Hospital In Bangalore, India

Gamma Knife Radiosurgery: A Beacon Of Hope For Brain Patients In India